To help you become proficient with 3Di we offer a training program. This training program is relevant for decision-makers as well as experts working in the fields of hydrology, calamity management, engineering, agriculture, remote sensing, spatial planning and risk analysis.
The training program is tailored to cover all the basic modeling concepts using a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises. Basic prior knowledge on hydrology, modelling and GIS experience is recommended. Upon completion of the program, you will receive the 3Di certificate. The program is offered in both English or Dutch, depending on the participants.
Length: 4 days
After completing the program you:
- can run simulations using the 3Di Livesite
- know the theory behind the various basic modeling concepts in 3Di
- understand how 3Di calculates 1D-flow, 2D-flow the interaction between 2D and 1D-flow
- can perform in-depth analyses on model results
- can build simple 3Di models from scratch
- can edit existing 3Di models
- know about model design choices and how to apply the proper one for your specific study
There are various options to follow our training program. We host a training program every 3 months in our office in Utrecht. Contact us to see when the next training is scheduled.
We offer the training also in-house, either performed by us or a local partner. Contact us if you like to use this option.
For in-house training on location it is possible to focus on specific demands for learning and include advanced modules.
We also offer tailor-made advanced course modules where you can learn about specific advanced topics like
- advanced 3Di model building
- structure controls
- optimizing calculation speed
- using 3Di in sloping areas
- using python to run, download and analyze results
- using groundwater
- using the API
- and more
If you are interested in our advanced module, or in only a specific part of the training program please contact us.